Help with installing Windows XP on Boot Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
O.K. so I have a problem with installing Windows XP SP2 OEM (downloaded version) on Boot Camp.

I have gone thru the processes until I have to load the Boot cd from the tray, That's when I put in the cd-r with ONLY an iso file in it. It doesn't work :Shouting: :Grimmace:
I really don't have any idea HOW I should burn the cd, so please, please tell me EVERYTHING on how to create a bootable cd for boot camp.

I have already used three cd's Trying to make the layout different.:Oops:
I have a unibody-MB and a "time-machine" backup, the latest Leopard 10.5.8 and I do have a PC at home if necessaryO:)

Thankz!:D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From where was this Windows XP SP2 OEM downloaded?

OP
C
Reaction score
...cut...

I didn't want to buy windows XP so I torrented it.

...cut...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sorry, but we do not assist with pirated/illegal software.

From our Community Guidelines:

Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

If you really want or have the need for Windows on your Mac, I would suggest you invest in your own legal copy of the software.

If it's not worth the investment, don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.