Mac Install Question????

Reaction score
OK...I'm still new to OS X. I have only had my mini for about a month now, and I'M LOVING IT! Now for my question.
I'm a Paramedic and I also set up and maintain our network at our station. Since I have had my mini, I have noticed how nice it is and how easy it is to work with. With the new release of Tiger coming up, I was wondering if it is possible to install tiger on a PC computer.
What I mean is to deleate XP off of them and install OS X. I have no idea if this is able to happen, but if it is, I'm almost positive that I will be working with Macs all the time!
Thank you for your help!

D

Desolate One

Unfortunately no. If you have PCs at work you can not install OS X. Intel and Apple machines use different hardware architechture.

K

Kokopelli

No it is not possible to install Tiger or any other version of Mac OS on an X86 based system. Sorry.

EDIT: Too slow... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can make it look like os x using cherry os or pear pc, but nothing beats the real thing
:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.