Upgrading to Snow Leapard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
So I'm a relatively new Macbook Pro user, i am eligible for a $9.99 upgrade from OSX to Snow leopard. I mainly use my computer for school, use microsoft office 2008, internet browsing, document/research viewing. So my question is, what improvements can i expect to see, i'm pretty sure im going to buy it since its 9.99, but is it really worth the hassle and WHOLE TEN DOLLARS :D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Snow Leopard is an incremental update to Leopard and in most cases the changes will go unnoticed by most users. There are a couple of changes (Exchange support, Expose in Dock) that might be of interest, but probably not to you.

On the downside, application need to be specifically compliant with Snow Leopard because of 64-bit support, so it's possible that applications might fail..

If you're happy with your Leopard installation, stick with that..

Regards

Reaction score
Can someone who has photo shop CS3 tell me if they have any issues? Until now I don't have any issues with Leopard however I'd not mind paying the extra for extra improvement. Please share any issues anyone is having.

Reaction score
So I'm a relatively new Macbook Pro user, i am eligible for a $9.99 upgrade from OSX to Snow leopard. I mainly use my computer for school, use microsoft office 2008, internet browsing, document/research viewing. So my question is, what improvements can i expect to see, i'm pretty sure im going to buy it since its 9.99, but is it really worth the hassle and WHOLE TEN DOLLARS :D

There continues to be printer issues. I also paid the $10 and installed on Tuesday and it automatically upgraded from 10.6 to 10.6.1. My HP printer eventually showed up (in the command-P window) but the OS complained something about it. I guess it couldn't find a driver? Anyway, I downloaded one from HP. It was an old one, 2007 or something like that. It installed ok and then the OS was happy and then my printer was happy and then I was happy.

Probably won't effect too many folks but it turns out the Lazarus debugger doesn't get along with SL.

I'd say go for it. It does have some pretty nice features (I can finally use the four-finger gesture) and from what I've read it lays the groundwork for some pretty important stuff in the future. Here is a (very long but impressive) article on SL:

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: the Ars Technica review - Ars Technica

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.