made the switch!!

M

m-memphis

I ended up buying my buddy's G3 600 iBook. I haven't touched my PC since Friday...well, except one time. :p
My buddy put some great programs on there to make the switch easier for me...Firefox, Fire!, Toast, etc. I was a trillian user...Fire is great except I miss the little laugh from the LOL icon. I just need to get used to the command key and what it does...learn all the keyboard shortcuts, etc. The only time I've used my PC was editting a few photos..I'm just way faster in photoshop with my tablet. I got on my network and sharing files with a lick of trouble!

Lots of cool little geeky things on the iBook....the glowing apple, the pulsating light when lid is closed, and the built in pinhole mic next to the screen. I'm an architect so design is a big deal to me. :)

If this continues, I may pic up a Mac mini before too long!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac! Glad to see you are enjoying the iBook, I know I love mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
welcome to the brightside of computing!!!!! i am glad you like your iBook. I love mine too!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Welcome to the Mac world!

OP
J

johncpiercy

im a switcher from a week ago

HI welcome to the Mac world
Just got my first Mac last week
I have lots to learn
Its been fun though
Good Luck

m-memphis said:
I ended up buying my buddy's G3 600 iBook. I haven't touched my PC since Friday...well, except one time. :p
My buddy put some great programs on there to make the switch easier for me...Firefox, Fire!, Toast, etc. I was a trillian user...Fire is great except I miss the little laugh from the LOL icon. I just need to get used to the command key and what it does...learn all the keyboard shortcuts, etc. The only time I've used my PC was editting a few photos..I'm just way faster in photoshop with my tablet. I got on my network and sharing files with a lick of trouble!

Lots of cool little geeky things on the iBook....the glowing apple, the pulsating light when lid is closed, and the built in pinhole mic next to the screen. I'm an architect so design is a big deal to me. :)

If this continues, I may pic up a Mac mini before too long!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.