Anti-glare or Glossy screen to work with graphic design

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm new on here and I have a doubt about which screen should work better to work with graphic design. I saved some money to buy an Imac for myself but I dont wanna spend all the money on the wrong screen.

A friend of mine have an Imac glossy and it reflects alot when theres a light in the background, Ive been reading about which one I should get but Im still confused.

If anyone works with graphic design, colors and photos please give me a tip about what I should do.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As far as I know, the iMac ships with a glossy screen. I don't believe you can purchase one with an anti-glare screen. There are third party after market products which reduce screen glare which you can buy separately.

The MacBook Pro series does offer an anti-glare screen as an option ($50.00) on the 15" and larger models, perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Regards.

OP
thepma
Reaction score
Hey.Thanks for your reply.

I can also purchase Imac with anti-glare screen on the apple store. I just dont know which kind of screen should work better to work with graphic design.

Ive talked to a few people about it but not designers. Perhaps I should just take the anti-glare one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I do design and have the glossy screen. There was no option at the time. Colours are fine and I have the monitor turned slightly so the reflection is not in my face.

If you can get Matt I would. If not no big deal just turn it slightly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.