have seen that some have new icons in there docs

Reaction score
Hi all

I have got myself a new macbook pro now:)

But, I hope some can help me. I have seen that some have new icons in there docs. Just what I got on my iphone.

But, how do I get that on my MacBook?

Thanks for helping me...Yes, I know, I am NOT good with mac`s.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
What specific icons are you talking about or what do they look like? iPhone applications are completely different from applications on Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Just do a quick Google on " changing dock icons mac os x " and you will find ( some of ) the answers

Cheers ... McBie

OP
V
Reaction score
Hello

Well, I am thinking about doc icons, that are not standard, but more cool, and will make my MacBook stand out a bit..Just as an Iphone with non original icons.

Thanks for helping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You can find icons at websites like Interfacelift:

http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/categories.php?id=9&page=1

Changing them can be a little tricky if you are new to Macs. Here is a little instruction:

1) Download the icon. Make sure it is has the extension .icns
2) In the Finder, navigate to the app whose icon you want to change and select it.
3) Right-click on the app in the Finder and choose "Show Package Contents".
4) Open the folder there called "Resources".
5) Find the .icns file that contains the standard app icon. It's usually called app.icns.
5) Rename the new icon you downloaded to match the name of the one in the Resources folder.
6) Delete the app.icns icon from the Resources folder. You'll probably need to enter your administrator password.
7) Drag the new app.icns file into the Resources folder.
8) Drag the old icon out of your Dock and drag the app back into the Dock and the new icon should appear.

Basically, you're switching out the icns file in the app's Resources folder with a new icns file.

There is a simpler way that may or may not work.

1) Download a new icon, icns or png.
2) In the Finder, navigate to the app whose icon you want to change.
3) Right click the app and choose "Get Info".
4) Select the small icon that appears in the top left of the Information window.
5) Drag your new icon onto the old one, and it should change instantly. However, I've been having trouble with this method in Snow Leopard and even in Leopard it didn't always work.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thank you

Hi and thank you for the help.

Sorry for my late reply.

I have done it. Looks cool:D

Thank you all for helping a new mac user

Have a good day

vegard_dino

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.