Deleting songs in iTunes 9

Reaction score
Hey all-
I just got a new iPod Touch (boo yah!) but I need to clean up my music library desperately... i lost the HDD I had it on and when I recovered it I ended up with duplicates of some albums, and have albums I want to remove, etc.

How can I actually delete songs from iTunes, rather than just removing them from the library? I have probably 2 GB of music I want GONE, but I don't want to go in and delete the wrong versions, etc. in explorer. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
JD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
When you delete a song iTunes will ask you if you want to keep file answer no and it's gone.

OP
J
Reaction score
If it was that easy, I wouldn't have posted it. My old iTunes used to ask that question, but 9 doesn't for some reason. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere that I can't find?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Then I guess that's how you should have posted it. I answered your question you should say thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.