Which G3 processor is appropriate for word proc. and web browsing?

Y

Yeago

Hey there,

In the market for a used G3, but I have no experience with them--I don't want to buy more than I need because I am a starving student.

At any rate, I am shopping on eBay; does anyone know of a better place to get them?

Obviously, I need something that's going to be reliable.

-Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yeago said:
Hey there,

In the market for a used G3, but I have no experience with them--I don't want to buy more than I need because I am a starving student.

At any rate, I am shopping on eBay; does anyone know of a better place to get them?

Obviously, I need something that's going to be reliable.

-Steve
If all you are planning to do is web browsing and word processing, then pretty much any G3 will do. eBay is good, just be careful to check the feedback of the seller...not just the number, but the feedback itself. You can also catch a good deal at Secondhand Mac every now and then. You should be able to pick up a G3 iMac for under $100. If you pay any more than that for a G3 iMac, you are spending too much in my opinion.

Oh, and you want to be sure to have at least 256 MB RAM installed. If you can install even more it would be better. The G3's really benefit from more RAM, especially if you are planning on running OS X on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Your best bet in terms of low cost machines would either be a Power Macintosh G3 AIO or a CRT iMac. Both will include everything you need, including a display, and both can be found quite inexpensively. I personally like the Power Macintosh G3 AIO's (I own two), and they have the benefit of being a bit more "upgradeable" due to their PCI slots. I love the older machines, so if you need help picking one out or upgrading it, or simply have questions, just let me know. As for where to find them, there are normally a few on eBay, and Shreve Systems also normally has some decent older Macs.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

i live about 5 miles from sheve systems.. so if you find something you like.. tell me and i can go in a get in alot cheaper casue they are some friends of mine.... i buy alot of music from the shreve audio part of the store.. .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.