Office for mac

Reaction score
Hello Everybody...

Im not all that puter ssavy but seem to be getting along great with my mac... that is until today...

I Upgraded to Snow Leopard and now Office wont load up.. keeps giving an error message about adding the "key"...

ANy idea what Im supposed to do? I have a Powerpoint lecture that I need to give next week and I dont want to loose my work... Any help Id appreciate

Cheers

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Just type in the serial key that came with the software.

There is always Open Office if you can't get it to work.

OP
L
Reaction score
Where do I find open office... The prompts I followed dont work... MICROSOFT SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Openoffice.org

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where do I find open office... The prompts I followed dont work... MICROSOFT SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Did you enter your serial key? You do have one don't you? If it didn't work try reinstalling MS Office. You can download and install OpenOffice 3.0 but by the time you get it setup and running the way you want, you could have MS Office reinstalled and running again.

Also, your PP presentation may not work the way you want using OO.

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Also, your PP presentation may not work the way you want using OO.
Absolutely. If you do go the OpenOffice route, it is imperative that you check that your presentation works and looks exactly the way you want it to. While compatibility with the MS Office formats in OpenOffice is pretty good (except for maybe the 2007/2008 format), you should definitely check first.

Reaction score
Easiest solution seems to be just re-entering your license key that came with your Office software. Unless, of course, you have a bootleg copy. In which case, you're screwed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.