Lines on the bottom of the screen

Reaction score
Today when i started up my macbook pro I opened up my screen and adjusted it so I could see better, when I moved it back and forth horizontal white lines showed up at the bottom of the screen. It happens every time I move it. I can find a spot that the lines don't show up and for now i am leaving the screen in that position. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Has this happened to anyone else?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There's a cable connector & wire between the laptop display & logic board. It's possible that one of these is either loose on your laptop, or it may be damaged in some way & causing a "short" as you open/close the display.

In order to check on this, the laptop most likely needs to be at least partially disassembled to check it...not exactly something for the average user to undertake.

If this is something you really want fixed, you will probably need to take it a repair place...or if your lucky, your MBP is still covered under warranty, and maybe Apple will check/repair it for free.

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.