Better Contact program??

Reaction score
I have made the grand switch from pc to MBP. Many things I like. Some I am very frustrated over.

I find the "Address Book" to be very, very limited. Am I missing something? Is there a better program for contact management. Here are some of my frustrations:
  1. There seems to be no way to view or print contacts in a list form.
  2. Is there anyway to see the date a contact was added, imported, or changed?
  3. I find I have to hand enter the information piece by piece - that from any other program with the exception of mail, the information will not automatically go into the spaces. For example, if I have an address that is in the form of
    xxx Street
    City, State Zip
    I have to either type it all in piece by piece or copy it in piece by piece. (In Outlook, I could have just copied the whole address and pasted it into the address box.)
  4. I keep addresses current for one of my clients. In Outlook I could have a separate folder with her addresses. I cannot see a way to do that in Address Book.
  5. Similar to the above, I would like to have a section of "Keep In Case" addresses that do not show up in my main address book. I cannot find a way to do that either.

Thanks for any help and advice you all can offer.

IslandOwl

Reaction score
Hey owl, I like using microsoft entourage; I find it very user friendly, and I believe a lot of business people use it. Although.. you would have to pay for the microsoft office suite just to get it.. which can be quite pricey.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.