Time Capsule Completely Dead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
This morning I woke up to fine my Time Capsule completely dead. It is the 500GB model and a few years old to be sure. The light on the front does not come on and I hear no hard drive noises. Has anyone else seen this before? Or should I just write it off?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Can be as simple as a power supply issue, in which case you can recover the actual disk with the data.

Was the TC used to store your TM ( or any other form of ) backups ?
If that is the case .... it might be worthwhile to take it in for repair depending on how much value you attach to the backups :D

Have you got another backup somewhere on another disk ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
eddiddiums
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Can be as simple as a power supply issue, in which case you can recover the actual disk with the data.

Was the TC used to store your TM ( or any other form of ) backups ?
If that is the case .... it might be worthwhile to take it in for repair depending on how much value you attach to the backups :D

Have you got another backup somewhere on another disk ?

Cheers ... McBie

The TC was only my backup drive, no production data was stored on it. So while that means nothing was lost, it also means that a ton of my personal data is sitting on it's internal drive. With that stuff on there I would be extremely hesitant to turn the unit over as-is for any sort of repair or replacement.

I'll just give Apple a call and see what I can get out of them. As it is about two years old, I suspect that won't be much, but I'm sure going to try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.