8gb ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I tend to agree with you guys, I have never spotted my 4gigs use more than 3.XXgigs. With that said, if I had the money, I probably would do it too...at some point just to say I got 8....because we all know 8 gigs is OVERKILL!

Reaction score
BRO THAT IS SICK! What do I need to get those programs specifically the guitar one. I don't wanna spend money on an expensive amp and expensive pedals. I just want to jam out into my laptop with headphones. And especially if I can get that stuff to get cool sound effects and such! And what do you use to plug in your guitar into the computer? Like what is all the stuff I need to do what your doing aka to get the guitar on the mac with those cool settings.

not to hijack the thread or anything, but I went from 2gb on my 13 MBP and went to 4gb. It is more than I need now. I used to almost use up all of my 2gb when I did PS CS4 and now I have a good amount of space and it zips through everything now. 8gb is crazy.

Google "IK Multimedia". For it to sound even remotely close to real, you will need a decent guitar and a decent interface (this is the device that takes your guitar signal and sends it to the computer). Its pretty fun to just jam out to, and great for making some legitimate sounding songs on a really low budget. But you do need lots of RAM. 8gb would be perfect for me if I was doing a song with about 8 tracks of software instruments (2 tracks of drums, 2 of keys, 1 of bass guitar, 3 of electric guitar) It would be nice to have 8gb, I really don't feel like 4gb would hold up for long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.