This seems perfect for me...thanks!

Reaction score
I just got my 1st Mac. 15" Macbook Pro and of course I've got a million and five questions. I've Googled some with some success but some others I'm just struggling withnow so I hope its OK if I ask here.

1st question is Network related: I'm connecting my new Macbook Pro to home network (replacing my Toshiba XP machine that connected just fine) and of course it hooked up with wireless router right away.

I have a NAS hard wired to a wireless router. The Mac sees all the folders and files just fine and can read/write.

I have a Vista PC with Users Folder all shared with full privileges (and firewall off) hard wired to the same wireless router. The Mac can see the Vista PC and also see the Users individual account folders but when I open them I can't see any of the files.

I really don't know what direction to go. The Vista PC was fine with the old Toshiba.

Thanks for the help/feedback.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Can't answer your question, but I suggest you repost with a more appropriate heading - your present heading doesn't give anyone a clue as to what you are on about. Use something like - Help with a network problem, please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Formatting might be an issue, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to at least read the files, just not write.

OP
H
Reaction score
Can't answer your question, but I suggest you repost with a more appropriate heading - your present heading doesn't give anyone a clue as to what you are on about. Use something like - Help with a network problem, please!

Done - thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.