Flash in IWEB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" 2gb RAM 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Proccessor
Hi all

I have integrated flash within the design of my Website, the problem is it is to slow, it takes 10-20 seconds to come up.

Is there anyway to make it faster?

Cheers for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU
You have about three to five seconds to capture a visitor's interest before they move on. 10 to 20 seconds is far too long for a Flash object to load if it is a critical part of your web page or message.

The speed with which a Flash object loads is dependent on a number of things including:

- The size and complexity of the Flash object. Generally the larger the file, the longer it will take to load.

- The speed of the server; the ability of the server to deliver all of the web page files including any flash objects

- The broadband speed of the service delivering the files to the viewer

About the only control you have is over the first two items. A smaller Flash file will load more quickly. A high-performance, low load server will deliver files faster.

In addition, what you experience might not be what others will experience. Try posting a link to the page here and you can get some additional comments on the content as well as other's download experiences.

I'm sure others will chime in with some other ideas.

These web sites have some good tips about creating Flash objects:

Compressing Flash movies and Flash banners

kirupa.com - Reducing File Size

Hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.