The apple turnover

Reaction score
I have been an avid pc user for 16 years. Most of my technical knowledge of pc’s came from working at best buy in college. I was in sales at first then made it to the geek squad when they first rolled out in 2004. Shortly after that I remember best buy also announcing they were going to start selling apple computers. We all knew they were not going to sell well as we made it a goal to keep people away from purchasing Macs. Best buy didn’t make much off of them. I carried this negative attitude toward Macs with me for years until I got a job at Mac mall. I learned so much there about apple in general. I think over the years I had always wanted a Mac. I used to order the catalogs and fanaticize about owning one one day. : s

This past Friday I purchased my first Mac. I had been searching for months on craigslist for the right one. As I was about to settle for a G4 something told me to see who was selling their g5 for cheap? $400 I lucked out. I found a guy selling a Power Mac g5 dual 1.8 with 2 gigs of memory with a 250 hdd super drive with dual monitor set up. Plus it was loaded with software that I needed. Final cut 6, iwork, ilife, etc. . In film school I was the only one using adobe premiere. I knew I would have to familiarize myself with final cut at some point. Since buying the G5, I feel like replacing all my pc’s with (Intel) Macs. I could not stop playing with it this past weekend. As I am typing this, I am thinking about it right now. It’s a feeling almost like when I first met my wife. I can’t wait to get home to it. To see it. To hear the start up chime. Maybe I’m being excessive or it could be the fact that it’s just something new. Nevertheless, I am in love with it. Even though it is not brand new I feel fortunate to own one. I had planned on it replacing my desktop pc but due to the current requirements of adobe premiere and after effects for Mac I cannot. I still use premiere and after effects quite a bits o I bought a KVM Switch. I also fix PC’s on the side so I would still have to stay up to date. But I love my new (used) Mac next thing for me will be notebook. I honestly don’t know if I’d ever buy a PC again.;D

Reaction score
Wow. Mushy gushy and sweet. Nice. I kind of have that same feeling about my Power Mac G4..which I'd prefer your G5 right now! LOL..it's only half a gigahertz but Tiger runs smoothly on it. I'm still on the edge of both PC's and Mac's..mainly because my school invested in Hewlett Packard; my Dad loves PCs, and I'm tired of the junk associated with Windows, such as typing in IE or FireFox's search bar and getting a virus. Which is why I went to Adopt-a-Mac.com and spent $290 on a ten year old Power Mac. Now I'm ready to switch out my desktop PC and a monitor for a used iMac. Craigslist, here I come!
:D

Eventually I'll purchase a MacBook Pro or something and get rid of my Windows laptop.

Reaction score
I've been a Mac user now for 6 yrs. (only 6 yrs), and I still can't wait to get home to it, so IMO you're not being excessive.

I just love the fact that there are more people experiencing the same feeling I've been havin for the past 6 years.

I was luckily fortunate enough to buy a new first one, but it might just as well not have been.

It doesn't have to be new. It's a Mac...
I bid you lot's of pleasure using it, and ask or answer any questions here if you like... Welcome aboard;D

OP
R
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the welcome you guys. See, that’s what im talking about you have a 10 year old Mac. I couldn’t imagine having a 10 year old PC. I made a good move. As far as craigslist goes. Be picky because there is some junk out there. Honestly the worse experience I have had while looking for my Mac is a seller not returning my email until a week later. Folks that list phones numbers are a pretty good choice. I don’t know where u live but I am in LA. The guy I bought my G5 from is selling a 20” aluminum imac for $650 if u r in so cal. It’s weird. I feel more productive since buying the g5. Also, since im good in Adobe premiere final cut feels like home.

Reaction score
It's an amazing feeling. Always, and forever. And I email because talking on the phone isn't easy with a deaf ear and a partial-hearing loss in the other..but still manageable for me. I called one dude today for a used iBook G4 running Leopard..nice, and emailed two others about their iMac and MacBook respectively. I'm kind of making it my goal by the time I'm 25 or 30, to collect as many Mac's as I want. And use them, equally. Goodbye..wait..was it Windows? Oh yeah. Bye Windows! Hello Mac OS X!

I didn't say it before, but yes, WELCOME to Mac-Forums! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I've been using macs for about 4-5 yrs and I can't wait to get home to mine every day! Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll love your mac as we love our's!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
The first computers I ever really used were the Apple II and the Apple IIc, then the original macintosh followed. Of course during the 90's with high school and university I was forced to the dark side for a bit, until 2001 when I finished my degree and vowed to return to Mac, buying the iMac G4, the first Mac I bought with OSX. Never looked back and I don't plan on it.

Welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.