my macbook wont turn on :(

Reaction score
hey guys my white macbook isnt turning on :(, it gets to that white screen when it turns on and then the apple logo will not come out, i left it for about half an hour and then it just turned off now it keeps doing this every time i turn it on :(

any suggestions guys ?
thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hey guys my white macbook isnt turning on :(, it gets to that white screen when it turns on and then the apple logo will not come out, i left it for about half an hour and then it just turned off now it keeps doing this every time i turn it on :(

any suggestions guys ?
thanks

Have you tried booting from a CD/DVD?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
no i dont think i have a cd dvd for it :/

That's not going to leave you with many troubleshooting options if you don't have an "alternate" way of booting this computer if your hard drive is having problems.

Sorry,:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Here are some options (assuming latest white Macbook):

Flip it over, remove the battery, and with a small screwdriver unscrew the small metal border on the inside to reveal the RAM ejection levers and the HD on the left hand side. Reseat all of them (take them completely out and in again) and be VERY careful of static charge ( don't do this on carpet wearing nylon)

Once you've replaced the battery, boot holding the left SHIFT key as soon as you hear the chime. It will take longer to boot in Safe Mode (if it does at all). Release the key when you see the spinning gear. IF you succeed, go to Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities and repair the disk.

If those things don't help, secure a OSX disc from someone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Uni. 2.4/4GB/320GB/9600mGT 256MB
yeah definitely start by at least reseating the battery itself. I believe I had the same problem last year and thats all it took to fix it.

Good luck
-quinn

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.