Where to get an intel one used/trade in for one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Recient devopments in my house have put us in the place to want an mac mini,but we dont want to spend much,we have the awesome sauce monitor but its conneted to our problem...a HP desktop,so anyplace that does trade ins or anything like that,the desktop has an 100$ higher retail price than the 800$ mini,Anyone know what I should do?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Recient devopments in my house have put us in the place to want an mac mini,but we dont want to spend much,we have the awesome sauce monitor but its conneted to our problem...a HP desktop,so anyplace that does trade ins or anything like that,the desktop has an 100$ higher retail price than the 800$ mini,Anyone know what I should do?

Are you saying your Windows computer is worth $100 or $900? If $900...that must be one heck of a Windows desktop machine! If $100...good luck selling it!;)

In either case you're probably better off selling it on e-Bay, get the cash, then buy the mini.

If your Windows computer is only worth $100 (and don't have much of a budget)...then you're going to want to shop for a used Mac-mini on Craig's list (or maybe e-Bay)...e-Bay will most likely be more expensive...but better selection.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Are you saying your Windows computer is worth $100 or $900? If $900...that must be one heck of a Windows desktop machine! If $100...good luck selling it!;)

In either case you're probably better off selling it on e-Bay, get the cash, then buy the mini.

If your Windows computer is only worth $100 (and don't have much of a budget)...then you're going to want to shop for a used Mac-mini on Craig's list (or maybe e-Bay)...e-Bay will most likely be more expensive...but better selection.

Hope this helps,

- Nick
Oh sorry,yeah we payed 900$ for it new,a year and a half ago,its a special media setup,intel VIIV.
Model# a6244n
We saw the local craigslist,but all thats there is a macbook that I suppose to be stolen,an 1000$ 24in. imac and 2 G4 mac minis,although one g4 was 150$ for an 1.5GHz and 1gig ram.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh sorry,yeah we payed 900$ for it new,a year and a half ago,its a special media setup,intel VIIV.
Model# a6244n
We saw the local craigslist,but all thats there is a macbook that I suppose to be stolen,an 1000$ 24in. imac and 2 G4 mac minis,although one g4 was 150$ for an 1.5GHz and 1gig ram.

So if you paid $900 for your Windows PC 1.5 years ago...then it's probably worth around $500 now (I'm just guessing I'm not an expert on Windows computer pricing).

So sell your Windows computer on Craig's List or e-Bay.

As far as what you mentioned about your local Craig's list...why would you think that the MacBook is stolen? $1000 for the 24" iMac might be a fair price if it's a newer iMac...but a little expensive if it's an older model.

You never really said what you wanted in terms of a Mini (other than $800 new one). BTW...new Mac-mini pricing starts at $599...so you don't have to go for the "better" one if you don't have the budget.

The bottom line is, if you're shopping on Craig's List you have to be patient, and wait for what you want to show up. If you want something right away, and are willing to pay a little more for it...then look on e-Bay.

We need more info...what sort of Mac do you want/need, new or used, and what sort of budget do you have?

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
So if you paid $900 for your Windows PC 1.5 years ago...then it's probably worth around $500 now (I'm just guessing I'm not an expert on Windows computer pricing).

So sell your Windows computer on Craig's List or e-Bay.

As far as what you mentioned about your local Craig's list...why would you think that the MacBook is stolen? $1000 for the 24" iMac might be a fair price if it's a newer iMac...but a little expensive if it's an older model.

You never really said what you wanted in terms of a Mini (other than $800 new one). BTW...new Mac-mini pricing starts at $599...so you don't have to go for the "better" one if you don't have the budget.

The bottom line is, if you're shopping on Craig's List you have to be patient, and wait for what you want to show up. If you want something right away, and are willing to pay a little more for it...then look on e-Bay.

We need more info...what sort of Mac do you want/need, new or used, and what sort of budget do you have?

Thanks,

- Nick
Yeah I should have been more specific,thats exactly how much I think the HP is worth,and the Mini does not need to be new or even a C2D,just an intel,so it will be snow leopard compatible.
I think a $500 budget is just about right.
And on the macbook...
http://scranton.craigslist.org/sys/1375492317.html

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I should have been more specific,thats exactly how much I think the HP is worth,and the Mini does not need to be new or even a C2D,just an intel,so it will be snow leopard compatible.
I think a $500 budget is just about right.
And on the macbook...
13 Inch white Mac Book, works like new

Yes...Snow Leopard will install on any Mac computer with an Intel CPU.

As far as the MacBook you linked...that's a very good price...but do you really want a laptop with a bad optical drive...even though it comes with an external. You're just buying someone else's problem!;) Plus it doesn't come with a charger.

Of course it's the problems with this computer that makes the good price. Personally speaking...whenever I see a laptop for sale with no AC/wall charger...the first thing I think...Is it stolen???

Unless the seller has a good explanation for no charger...how the heck were they using it??? Battery life is only good or about 5 hours max...then it's dead!

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Yes...Snow Leopard will install on any Mac computer with an Intel CPU.

As far as the MacBook you linked...that's a very good price...but do you really want a laptop with a bad optical drive...even though it comes with an external. You're just buying someone else's problem!;) Plus it doesn't come with a charger.

Of course it's the problems with this computer that makes the good price. Personally speaking...whenever I see a laptop for sale with no AC/wall charger...the first thing I think...Is it stolen???

Unless the seller has a good explanation for no charger...how the heck were they using it??? Battery life is only good or about 5 hours max...then it's dead!

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Yeah thats the Laptop that I thought was stolen.
I just listed my Hp on craigslist.
Hp a6244n Media Computer ,will trade for an intel mac.
How did I do?:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah thats the Laptop that I thought was stolen.
I just listed my Hp on craigslist.
Hp a6244n Media Computer ,will trade for an intel mac.
How did I do?:)

Keep your fingers crossed!:) Your computer has some fairly good specs...the only problem is...how many Mac users are looking to trade a Mini for a Windows computer.

In my experience...trading things on Craig's List is a BIG pain in the butt!!!

You're better off selling it for cash, then buying the Mac you want with the cash. But you never know...maybe you will get lucky!:)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Keep your fingers crossed!:) Your computer has some fairly good specs...the only problem is...how many Mac users are looking to trade a Mini for a Windows computer.

In my experience...trading things on Craig's List is a BIG pain in the butt!!!

You're better off selling it for cash, then buying the Mac you want with the cash. But you never know...maybe you will get lucky!:)

- Nick

Yeah I also threw a 500$ price in there too,Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.