Strange boot problem

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a problem with my macbook pro, i've read a lot of posts around the web and nothing seems to work for me, this is my problem:

I turn on the macbook pro, then appears the grey with the apple logo and the little circle gear starts to spin, but after some time it shuts down, i tried also booting it from the dvd (holding c) and when i follow the instalation process looking to execute the "archive and install" thing, but that option doesnt show up, only shows the option to erase "mac osx extende journaled" stuff, and nothing more

What can i do? i tried also booting from command+v and command+s, writting the commands -fy and all that prefix stuff i've read and nothing works

Thanks in advance!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello!

i tried also booting it from the dvd (holding c) and when i follow the instalation process looking to execute the "archive and install" thing, but that option doesnt show up, only shows the option to erase "mac osx extende journaled" stuff, and nothing more

Thanks in advance!

If you're trying to boot from an OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) disk...it seems that the "archive & install" choice has been removed as an option for the installation process. But...reports are that the "archive & install" is what Snow Leopard 10.6 actually does when installing.

If you're booting from a different disk...than I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
I
Reaction score
Im using osx leopard (not snow leopard) i've done the "archive and install" option using this same dvd osx, its really weird this time doesnt show this option, only "erase" and "mac osx extended"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.