MacBook Pro Known issue screen flicker?

Reaction score
So ever since I bought my mabcook pro I've hadthis wierdest flicker that happens where the screen will turn black for like a nano second and then go back to normal. It's almost like a flash and sometimes only thetop half of the screen does it or sometimes the whole screen. The issue happens like 5 times a week or so. So not too often. But i took the computer to the apple store and based on my descriptions, I wasn't able to produce the problem, the tech told me that he thinks it's a known issue that I just have to deal with till an update happens. So does this seem like a legitemate response to this proble. Or should I go back for another opinion? I remember I turned the laptop on and held the option key so the OS didn't load yet and the flicker still happened so I don't know if it can even be a software issue if it happened even then. If anyone knows about this problem please let me know.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think you received an adequate response. Seems like the tech you spoke with was either trying to put you off or had no idea what was causing the flickering. Take it back and explain that it flickers even before the operating system loads. It's hard to say what could be causing it - possibly a loose connection to the display, or even a graphics processor fault. In any event, I would take it back and get another opinion from a different technician or the service manager.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Probably some issue with the display inverter. Get it back and let them know they should repair it for you.

Its a "known" problem.

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry, I probably should have mentioned I actually had this problem repaired before and they replaced my entire screen and gave it back. But it was still doing the flicker.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, I probably should have mentioned I actually had this problem repaired before and they replaced my entire screen and gave it back. But it was still doing the flicker.

Even more reason to take it back!

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
So I called Applecare and they are sending me a box to send it to their repair center again. The tech said she was gonna put special instructions for what she wants done to the laptop and have someone watch over the procedure since this is the second time the laptop is being repaired. The lady said she is somewhat familiar with the problem and she is going to have the logic board replaced. So hopefully that will stop the flickering. If it doesn't I really don't know what the problem could be. The "known issue" thing might at that point seem the most reasonable conclusion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.