• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Heck yea, just got offered a job at Best Buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Now I have to go pee clean in 40 minutes, and then I'll be a blue shirt wearing geek that gets a sweet discount.

Sweeeeeet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Congrats man. Any job in these times is like gold.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Now I have to go pee clean in 40 minutes, and then I'll be a blue shirt wearing geek that gets a sweet discount.

Sweeeeeet.

Congrats!:)...what are the chances of that "Pee" coming back clean?;)

- Nick

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Completely clean? Maybe like 95%. Under 50 micrograms per whatever unit they measure? 99.9% - it's been way too long.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Congrats on scoring a job! Sure is tough out there.

Reaction score
So, if I understand you correctly... you have to take a urinetest for drugs, to work at best buy??

I must say, you do look a bit suspiciously "happy" in your avatar DR;D

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hah at the avatar.

Anyway, the only thing that might show up is the prescription for hydrocodone I had recently, but ran out of 2 weeks ago. Opioids clear your system in a day or two though, and I can get my doctor to verify.

Thanks Ghost! :) Since I got let go at my last one, I've been pretty bummed. As you guys can tell, I've had nothing better to do than troll these forums all day every day for the last month. So, woohoo! Work! And work with tech! YAY!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mmmm customers. *shoots self* haha. It shouldn't be too bad. I worked selling political ideas this summer door to door. That was great. Haha

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mmmm customers. *shoots self* haha. It shouldn't be too bad. I worked selling political ideas this summer door to door. That was great. Haha

Did you ever see the movie "Clerks"...one of the lines goes:

"This would be a great place to work if it wasn't for the customers!"

...or something like that!;)

- Nick

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea! PIRG Indeed haha. I see all sides of the sobriety and what not argument. I go with what has worked for me. Really, I don't feel too strongly one way or another. Never do too much of anything and you're probably good.

Anyway, Monday Night Football... GO PACK GO!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yea! PIRG Indeed haha. I see all sides of the sobriety and what not argument. I go with what has worked for me. Really, I don't feel too strongly one way or another. Never do too much of anything and you're probably good.

Anyway, Monday Night Football... GO PACK GO!
Since it's halftime....

I worked for PIRG for a while in Maryland.. turned me off to any of those sorts of dealings for the rest of my life :D

and Nader too!

Reaction score
Congrats! As mentioned, most any job today is a good job to have. Just don't become one of these guys...

The Seven Types of Employees You Meet at Best Buy

And do NOT become one of these guys...

Microsoft helps Best Buy employees troll Mac users, too - Ars Technica

Otherwise...enjoy! :)

I must say, I will never work at Best Buy..even though part of the stereotypes listed are in my local Best Buy's. And the person who said Apple stores are like Best Buy..not exactly true, but very close to reason (check the comments on it).

As for MS attacking Apple, I'd like to see an average user visit websites on Windows with AV software and then those same websites on a Mac with AV software, and see who gets the first virus, and has the most problems in less than thirty seconds. Oh what a world we live in. SOmetimes I just want to crawl under a rock! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.26ghz, 4gb ram, 250 gb hard drive
good luck with the job. hope you get into a good store. I worked for best buy since i was 18 and have worked at several locations. I was an ok job, but the environment and mgmt was great. when i moved, i transferred to a different store and the mgmt sucked. i quit because i couldn't handle the mgmt and what i thought was unethical behavior. However, i still have very fond memories of my previous stores. And the discounts not bad, especially when you see the mark-up on apple accessories, you'll never be able to pay retail again.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
good luck with the job. hope you get into a good store. I worked for best buy since i was 18 and have worked at several locations. I was an ok job, but the environment and mgmt was great. when i moved, i transferred to a different store and the mgmt sucked. i quit because i couldn't handle the mgmt and what i thought was unethical behavior. However, i still have very fond memories of my previous stores. And the discounts not bad, especially when you see the mark-up on apple accessories, you'll never be able to pay retail again.

LOL I read mgmt and I was like what? Is he talking about the band...? That doesn't make any sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.26ghz, 4gb ram, 250 gb hard drive
oh, sorry... i meant management. although working with MGMT would be pretty cool...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.