Safari Keychain Access

Reaction score
When I used Safari 4 in Leopard everytime I saved a password for a website when I tried to log back in Keychain would ask me if I wanted to allow access to the it. Now in Snow Leopard when I choose remember usernames and passwords in the Autofill preferences, Safari stores them but next time it automaticallly fills the boxes and doesn't ask Keychain permission.

Is this the default behavior for Safari now or do I need to look into any sort of preferences in Keychain? I did a fresh install and didn't import my old keychain, I'm also trying out 64 bits mode in Snow.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Default behavior is always that way. I have never tried to have it ask me every time but I will see what I can find and get back to you. I know it's not a setting in Safari. It would be in Keychain Access.

OP
Rokurosv
Reaction score
Well tried about anything, reset keychain, run Safari in 32bit mode, turn on autofill, change keychain settings so that it asks for password on access but still nothing. Perhaps Safari doesn't use the Keychain anymore

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.