Slow computer

Reaction score
I am using a older mac it is a G4 approx 8 or 9 years old.

I am having trouble viewing any kind of video online. Flash videos or things on you tube. they are really choppy and the audio skips in and out or is behind the video and the video just skips along in increments ( not a smooth flow ) '

I have already updated my RAM to the max capacity.

What if anything can I do to fix this????? PLEASE HELP

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nothing will help your computer...at least nothing that would make any financial sense to spend on an 8-9 year-old computer. And even then an expensive video card may not even help much...because you are still stuck with a slower CPU and the old design of the computer.

Upgrading the ram will not help.

Folks post about this problem fairly commonly. It's sort of like someone taking a "Model-T Ford" car to the Indy 500...and expecting to win!;) Well it's not exactly that bad...but you get the idea.;)

If you really want to watch internet video & You-Tube...you need a newer faster computer with a higher quality video card.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.