FTP Server uploading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" 2gb RAM 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Proccessor
Hi all

I am currently working on a website that i need flash on for scrolling photos,(uploading to an FTP server not MobileMe)

When i go to manually place the .swf files on the server it says the folder cannot be modified. Is this a problem that has to be taken up with my webhosts or not? or is there another way around it? Or can i use flash another way?

Cheerzz

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Do you have write permissions for that folder? Use your FTP client to check whether you have write permissions. What FTP client are you using?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Impact-media.co.nz That is who is hosting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
If your using the Finder to access the FTP server, you will not be able to write even though you may have write access.

Mac OS X 10.2 or Later: Cannot Copy to FTP Servers in the Finder

for some strange reason, this has never been allowed via the Finder. You will need a third party FTP client, I recommend CyberDuck. Just make sure to get the latest copy if you are running Snow Leopard.

The article linked also provides other alternatives.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
awesoooome

Ok so i have downloaded CuberDuck, but (forgive me i am very much a novice at some parts of this) how do i install it/get into it??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Just move it to your Applications folder and start it up. Once the application opens from the menu bar select File->Open Connection. Here you would put your username/pw and the rest of your server information.

Once this is finished just hit 'Connect' and it should take you to your server.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

So helpful, it has stopped me pulling my hair out

Thank you very much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.