Tiger Released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Pre-ordered already :)

Q

Qaxpla

Well I don't think my dad is willing to pay £140 for a family license :(

I couldn't buy the £89 version and install it on both of the macs could i?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If any of you are students or teachers, you can order it for $69

Reaction score
Sorry about that, wasn't meaning to be illegal Schweb. Won't happen again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I usually do not upgrade until the .2 version so 10.4.2 by then they usually have the majority of the bugs fixed. At that time I will probably purchase the family pack and upgrade my computer, my wife's powerbook and my grandmother's eMac.. hopefully by then we'll have a couple more people on Mac's in my family. :)

J

Jefe3223

$69 dollers...eh? I may wait a tick 'till 10.4.2 or .3, so they can work the bugs out. hahaha, bugs!! What bugs?! I'm pumped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
So if i was to order a new mac after the April 29 release date it would come with tiger install right?? My family is planning on getting a new mac soon..very soon, but now that tiger is coming out i think i will have them hold off until after the 29th.

Thanks

I

iDVFH.

Yes definitely..maybe you should even wait a little longer to see if they upgrade any of their hardware ( processor speeds, specs etc) I doubt they will so I'd say go for it!

P.S. If they dare give the iBook a back-lit keyboard I will literally cry.

N

nadeem

I've just ordered a new 12' iBook for work use - I take itthey won't give people ordering now a free upgrade...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nadeem said:
I've just ordered a new 12' iBook for work use - I take itthey won't give people ordering now a free upgrade...?
A 12' iBook...hopefully you meant 12" :).

Otherwise that would be one huge iBook ;)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I wish Apple had something in between the single user and the family pack, because I only got two macs. I wish Apple would have announced it sooner; I already made up my b-day wishlist, which is being processed as we speak.

Edit: Oh, nevermind! I got it all sorted out now. With the student discount, the single user version of Tiger will only cost $69. So if you buy two single user versions of Tiger with the student discount, it's going to cost a little more than $138 all together. Tiger, I'm going to have you tamed and purring in no time! w00t!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
schweb said:
A 12' iBook...hopefully you meant 12" :).

Otherwise that would be one huge iBook ;)

Yeah, but just think of how nice it would be to watch movies on! Wonder what the battery life would be like? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
!!!!TIGER IS COMMING!!!! Finally! I can't wait to buyt it!!!!

Do you guys think it will be much better that 10.3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
whats tiger? :dive:

i think i may wait a bit, or until i get a chance to play with it at the apple store :black:

B

biggerstronger

hmmm...

Does anyone else prefer the blue-capped menubar look that they had some time ago in Tiger. From what I've seen in the Apple.com preview, they've toned the look of the interface down a lot from earlier previews of Tiger (more matte finishes in place of shiny ones, no more blue caps, etc.). Should be pretty nice regardless though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
macEfan said:
!!!!TIGER IS COMMING!!!! Finally! I can't wait to buyt it!!!!

Do you guys think it will be much better that 10.3?
I think its not so much better than 10.3 that I have to go and buy it as soon as its out, plus my video card isn't compatible with core image or core video, so I won't see many differences between panther and tiger, except tiger is a lot faster, and dashboard, though I have konfabulator, so its ok, and spotlight is cool, automator, and a few more features, but besides that, tiger isn't much different from panther.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.