Problems opening email attachments with Word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
There are several instances where I have tried to download email attachments (slideshows) where the slides just freeze with Power Point. Is there some other way in the apple OS to successfully open such attachments without having them freeze on the screen? I'm just not sure what's happening with the freezing. I assumed that Power Point would do the trick.

Also, when the slide freezes on the screen, I seem to not have any choice but to hold down the power button on my Mac and then reboot. I surely don't like to do that. Any alternatives or shortcuts when such a thing occurs rather than to have to do that nasty shutdown? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What version of Office are you using, and Office 2008 has been updated a number of times, the current version being v.12.2.1? Also have you downloaded and installed Open XML Converter v.1.1.1 or later?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
What version of Office are you using, and Office 2008 has been updated a number of times, the current version being v.12.2.1? Also have you downloaded and installed Open XML Converter v.1.1.1 or later?

It is the 2004 edition and, no, I have not downloaded or installed the converter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.