Dock problem - extra layer underneath

Reaction score
Lately I've been having a problem with my dock that I can't seem to fix-- there's a separate reflective "layer" underneath the dock that I cannot get rid of.

This is a difficult problem to explain in words, so I have a few screenshots:

On the default dock
On a darker dock
On what should be a transparent dock
On the 2D dock
It even shows up in fullscreen on a video

It also appears underneath when the dock is on the left or right side of the screen as opposed to on bottom.

This extra "layer" appeared when I was using SuperDocker to change my dock, and now it will not go away. I have tried:

-Using SuperDocker and a number of other dock applications to restore the settings.
-Looking for the file to delete it directly in /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources --I've messed around with the various PNG images in the directory, and it doesn't seem to be in there.
-Restoring the original dock settings by going to /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences and removing the com.apple.dock.db and com.apple.dock.plist files, and then logging out and back in.
-Restarting the computer.

It seems to be separate from the dock itself-- when I log into my account or refresh the dock, it will appear underneath a few seconds after the dock loads. If it is indeed completely separate and not a part of the dock settings, then I have no idea how to go about fixing it.

This wouldn't bother me so much normally, but I'd like to be able to watch thigns in full screen without having to constantly hide the dock first. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Might find better help at macthemes2.net/forum

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of SuperDocker did you use to make the changes when the extra layer (Dock) appeared?

The reason I ask is that I found the newer version of SuperDocker to be very unstable and had to go back to using 2.4.3 (which works fine with Snow Leopard). Did you try to use the restoration options? And did you uninstall SuperDocker?

If it's what I think, you might have to use Terminal to get rid of the extra layer. Post back.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.