new to mac - video problem

Reaction score
Hello to you...

I am a new Mac user and I'm glad for that...I wish I would have switched platforms 10 years ago. Here's my problem:

I like to watch YT videos, especially vids as related to the martial arts. I was involved in all sorts of teaching and practicing before I fried my knees....I've encountered a problem where the video skips, lags, gets stuck, is uneven, etc. I'm not quite sure of the term but I sense you get my idea. The same thing happened on some of the videos I have ripped from my DVD collection, but not all and today I don't see the problem at all. When I called Appleworks the guy on the phone suggested that I could bring in my Mac for 24 hours at a Mac store to see if they could simulate the same issue.

Short of bringing my Mac into the store, is there anything I can do or check? The DL speed from Comcast is consistent. I realize that part of this could have something to do with the remand on the servers.

ideas/opinions??

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.