another stuck pixel!?

C

code777

hmmmm, i already have one stuck green pixel located in the far right hand side of my screen but now i noticed a stuck "magenta"/purple pixel stuck in the dock. I should say that I have Transparent Dock running and I modified the dock with no background and changed the arrows to magenta color.

Anyway When i quit an app i notice a tiny magenta pixel stuck. The second I put the mouse arrow over the stuck pixel it goes away instantly.

Is this a stuck pixel or some glitch with transparent dock. My stuck green pixel stays yet depending on what wallpaper I have up it dissappears for a while yet comes back.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I'm not sure, but I have heard that sometimes if U gently rub the screen it may go away. I think it is a stuck pixel, but when white goes over it, it just wont show up. (the backlight white)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
macEfan said:
I'm not sure, but I have heard that sometimes if U gently rub the screen it may go away. I think it is a stuck pixel, but when white goes over it, it just wont show up. (the backlight white)

Anything is worth a try, but on my iBook, I have a dead pixel. I rubbed that thing like crazy. And it didn't do anything. Hmm... something doesn't sound right in those two sentences. Oh, well.

Reaction score
I don't think rubbing is going to fix a stuck pixel, that is a manufacturing defect.

OP
C

code777

yeah but its magenta color like the arrow. My green stuck pixel stays put most of the time but the magenta one comes and goes the second i put the mouse over the dock. I thought pixels only came in red, green, uhhhhh. not magenta?

and regarding the green pixel that comes and goes. it actually flikers and then dissapears. its weird

OP
K

kabwon

code777 u have seriously bad luck with the mac..... i say take it back, and demand a new one. they cant say no to you.... the thing is clearly ****ed! its still under warranty right?

OP
C

code777

yeah. but i would have to deal with Apple not CrapUSA.

maybe i'm making it sound worse than it really is. I love the iMac and its working for me but there are a few glitches... oh well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Is your mac still under warranty? If so, bring it in the the closest apple store and explain the problem to them. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
code777 said:
hmmmm, i already have one stuck green pixel located in the far right hand side of my screen but now i noticed a stuck "magenta"/purple pixel stuck in the dock. I should say that I have Transparent Dock running and I modified the dock with no background and changed the arrows to magenta color.

Anyway When i quit an app i notice a tiny magenta pixel stuck. The second I put the mouse arrow over the stuck pixel it goes away instantly.

Is this a stuck pixel or some glitch with transparent dock. My stuck green pixel stays yet depending on what wallpaper I have up it dissappears for a while yet comes back.

Thanks.

It doesn't really sound like a stuck pixel, because it wouldn't come and go like you're describing, or disappear with the mouse pointer. I would suggest removing the Transparent Dock application and seeing what the results are. My memory is not terribly good, but are you the same individual who had the problems with the black spots appearing in the Dock also? If so, were you running Transparent Dock when the previous problem occurred?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Actually, I've had this before with my iBook and PowerMac. This is not any type of display defect. This is actually a graphics bug in the dock application. This has been addressed on the Apple Support Forums, and will most likely be gone in OS X Tiger.

OP
F

flyingpostman

Warranty will not cover anything unless there are a cluster of dead stuck pixels. Even then they want you to send/give your machine to a repair facility to inspect it at their leisure. My 20" iMac has a stuck red. My 12" Powerbook has none (I guess their is less of a chance with only 12" of screen!)

OP
C

code777

padawan - i think you got me confused with someone else but i did remove Transparent Dock and reverted to the standard dock which uses "black" arrows. Well there were no "black" specs so it must be Transparent Dock as I put it back after testing and sometimes you see a spec in whatever color you choose the arrow to be (maybe saying stuck pixel is confusing some people, its actually a spec/spot of color). So its most likely Transparent Dock program. Or as someone said above a glitch in the graphics of the dock.

Regarding my stuck Green pixel it usually just stays. Sometimes when I switch my wallpaper it starts to flicker and dissappear. But the second I sleep it and wake it the green pixel is back.

I already talked to the Apple Store about the stuck pixel and they will not do anything for me. Since its only one stuck pixel its acceptable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.