WDElements+problems mounting.

Reaction score
Bought a WDElements external hard drive FAT 32 format, but I can`t get it connected to my G4 867 MHz PowerPC, os 10.4.11.
On the box it says it will function with 10.4.11. My G4 is old and has not USB2. I have searched the net and found people saying that this shouldn`t be a problem because USB2 is made to be working with USB1. Ok then...what on earth can I do to make it show up on my desktop? When connected to my Mac it will take about a minute before it asks me to: ignore, format or eject. I have tried all three with no help. Trying to format the harddisk will also not give any answers since the reply from Disk Utilities is: in/out error. The good thing though is that my Mac will register the harddisk, but sadly thats all. And finally, yes it works on a new Mac, but not on mine. Any suggestions? hoping for a solution.Erik

OP
E
Reaction score
I have tried all the USB-ports available. is the USB2 to USB 1 the problem you think?..hmmm but everybody says that USB2 will work on USB1....?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.