Macbook Pro Screen Flicker Cause

Reaction score
Hey I have had a Macbook Pro for like 4 months and ever since I've had it, the screen occasionally does this weird thing where like my screen flickers for like a nano second. It looks as if a black bar shows up on the top half of my screen and then immediately goes away after like a nano second. So the screen just looks like it flickered black then back to normal. But anyways, I spoke to a apple tech and even though I couldn't reproduce the flicker in front of the apple tech they said based on my description it seemed like a known issue that a lot of the macbook pros are having where the screen will just randomly flicker. It happens rarely maybe like once or twice a week. And he told me to just wait for an apple update. Again this isn't a for sure but that's what he said should be the problem, just a known issue. But the really strange thing is that I use my computer a lot in college and I've noticed that the flicker only happens when I'm at home and my laptop is plugged in. So I'm thinking there might be some interference of some sort. Some type of magnetic interference. But the only thing I have are some tower speakers, a guitar amp, and that's about it. I have A LOT of outlets in my room but I'm not sure if thats whats causing it. So is it just coincidence that it flickers in my room? And does this "known issue" explanation seem like the correct conclusion to this problem?

Thanks a lot
All help is appreciated

Reaction score
Does it happen when you're not touching the MBP and it just sits idle... or is there music playing, whether on your laptop or hi-fi set, external vibrations....

I'm asking because it may well be a loose videocable (from the screen into the logicboard).

Just do a little trial and error, wich may shed some light on your problem.

OP
R
Reaction score
No it happens when I'm not even touching the MBP. No music playing or anything. I'm pretty sure it's just a known issue problem the Apple Tech was talking about. But its just strange to me that it's only happened when I'm in my room.

Reaction score
How do you know it doesn't occur when you're out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.