need help tonight with router

Reaction score
so today i upgrade my wireless router from a wireless-G linksys wrt54g router to a wireless-N wrt160n router. ok hears the problem that im having everything works great ps3/x360, expect my connection on my mac os x has slowed down to a crawl. can any1 help plz???????????? tonight or early morning would be great before i head to best buy

OP
D
Reaction score
so today i upgrade my wireless router from a wireless-G linksys wrt54g router to a wireless-N wrt160n router. ok hears the problem that im having everything works great ps3/x360, expect my connection on my mac os x has slowed down to a crawl. can any1 help plz???????????? tonight or early morning would be great before i head to best buy

Reaction score
On the modem's configuration page, did you set it up to function in Bridged mode?
Right now, you basically have the modem performing routing functions as well as the Linksys itself.

Setting the modem into bridged mode makes it act like a network bridge between the two WAN connections (RJ-11 to RJ-45) and allows the Linksys to perform all the routing functions necessary between your home network and the Internet cloud.

Once you set that modem to bridged mode, all the information that you entered in that modem to connect to your ISP will have to be inputted into the Linksys router since the Linksys will be performing routing duties using PPPoE (if this is what your ISP is using for a WAN connection).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.