Time Machine - white background instead of animated "star wars"

Reaction score
I don't know when this happened, could have occurred after SL upgrade - my time machine background is solid white instead of the animated star wars background. How do I correct this?

Thanks!

OP
S
Reaction score
From searching the web, I found where someone suggested using an application call "MacPilot." Sure enough, there was an option to select (turn-on) Time Machine's animated space background - selected the box corrected the problem as I know have the animated background ("star wars") in Time Machine.

My question is, how did it get turned off in the first place? I originally thought it may have been an Snow Leopard artifact (Snow Leopard installed and continues to perform as advertised via upgrade), but soon discovered that this has happened on pre-SL systems at least as far back as 2 years ago. Yesterday I did finally replace the external hard drive I was using for TM as it failed a couple of weeks ago - could the new HD be the culprit????

Just curious....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.