Printing to a windows shared printer

Reaction score
Ok here is the situation. I have a Canon PIXXMA mx330 printer hooked up to my desktop through usb. That machine is running windows xp media center. I can print perfectly from that machine. I have shared the printer on the network. I am trying print to this printer from my new macbook pro 13 inch. So i went into the printer & fax settings on the mac, clicked add new printer, clicked windows, workgroup, family, and then my printer name (CanonMX3). I then found the driver in the list (canon 330 series) and finally clicked add. So it appears to be connected. Whenever i try to print something to this printer from the mac nothing happens. what am i doing wrong?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Try physically connecting the printer first (via USB) and then later connecting to it over the network. That usually does the trick for me.

OP
I
Reaction score
Try physically connecting the printer first (via USB) and then later connecting to it over the network. That usually does the trick for me.

I tried this but i had no luck with it.

Any other suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.