Aluminum MacBook spacebar issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I'm under warranty, but what the heck... I can actually get my spacebar to signal to the computer that I want a space by blowing on it. If I lightly rest my finger on the key without actually depressing it to the point where all other keys require to be depressed to for functionality, it will still signal a space.

I realized this when I was assaulted by growl messages informing me that the same song was playing a million times via last.fm (I was in itunes with my finger on the key). It's really obnoxious. Any quick fix, or should I just call the apple store an hour away (doh). I also really don't want to be without my MacBook :(

Reaction score
Could be something is lodged underneath it, dust... breadcrumb.... beerglass...(just kidding).

Some compressed air, maybe?

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's an excellent idea. Where would I put it to get it done? This thing's almost air tight around the chiclet keys haha.

Also, somebody on here had said that the warranty on refurbs is the full year... I'd just like to double check on that. Can someone else confirm before I start running around trying to find the answer on Apple's site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
That's an excellent idea. Where would I put it to get it done? This thing's almost air tight around the chiclet keys haha.

Also, somebody on here had said that the warranty on refurbs is the full year... I'd just like to double check on that. Can someone else confirm before I start running around trying to find the answer on Apple's site?

YUP:D That is correct! You get the same exact warranty as the new ones. The only problem is that if you want to return it, you have to mail it back...you probably knew that already

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, I don't want to return my beautiful baby. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.