iPhoto - where's my photos?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, and I believe that this problem must be happened with some people, but I just can't find the way to solve mine. Please suggest me.

My problem is I imported all photos from my digital camera by clicking import button. Then all the pics were shown in iPhoto in photo library as a date the pics taken. As that , i just wanted to rearranged the pics into a specified name folder, so i created a new folder and drag the pics to the folder i just created. Everything was still fine until I went to the Pictures folder under my Macbook ( like the one in my computer for windows explorer). In that folder, I didn't think that if I move those pics from that folder to trash, it could cause losing my pics in my iPhoto (could it?). Noted, i just moved to trash not empty trash yet. Anyway, once I realized that all my pics in my iphoto were gone, I went to trash and restore them all. However, here is my problem. I could restore only the pics in that folder. What about the pics that I imported directly to iphoto??? Where are they??

Here I got confused; so every time i import picture directly to iphoto, do i have to make a copy to the pictures folder under my macbook too?

Please someone help me .. suggest me. I am so panic of losing all my pics. they can't be taken again

Thanks,

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I believe that the problem must be happened with some people, but I just can't find the way to solve mine. Please suggest me.

My problem is I imported all photos from my digital camera by clicking import button. Then all the pics were shown in iPhoto in photo library as a date the pics taken. As that , i just wanted to rearranged the pics into a specified name folder, so i created a new folder and drag the pics to the folder i just created. Everything was still fine until I went to the Pictures folder under my Macbook ( like the one in my computer for windows explorer). In that folder, I didn't think that if I move those pics from that folder to trash, it could cause losing my pics in my iPhoto (could it?). Noted, i just moved to trash not empty trash yet. Anyway, once I realized that all my pics in my iphoto were gone, I went to trash and restore them all. However, here is my problem. I could restore only the pics in that folder. What about the pics that I imported directly to iphoto??? Where are they??

Here I got confused; so every time i import picture directly to iphoto, do i have to make a copy to the pictures folder under my macbook too?

Please someone help me .. suggest me. I am so panic of losing all my pics. they can't be taken again

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
The photo library in iPhoto is linked to a specific iPhoto folder where the referenced photo files are kept. If you right-click on iPhoto in the Finder, choose "Show Package Contents" from the popup menu or right-click a photo in iPhoto and choose "Show File" if you want to see where you pictures end up. But I wouldn't recommending managing the photos from there.

OP
K
Reaction score
still can't find :(

Is that possible that all the pics were automatically deleted? I think they should be somewhere in my hard disk since I've not yet emptied trash.

What should i do???

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of iPhoto are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
So when you right-click on a picture in iPhoto and choose "Show File" from the popup, what folder opens up? That's where the picture is. If it's showing up in iPhoto, it must be somewhere. "Show File" will show you exactly where it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.