iBook update this month?

M

Morrigan

Hey guys
I plan on buying an iBook quite soon, but I wanna see if Apple will be bumping it up a little and THEN I'll buy one. According to the Mac Buyer's Guide on Macrumors, there should be an update any day now.
What events are coming up where there would be an announcement? I mean what date should I be looking out for? Sorry if it's a silly question but I don't really know!

They'll probably just upgrade the 12" from 1.2GHz to 1.33GHz won't they? A sales rep in an Apple store told me prices might go down too - does that usually happen?

Thanks in advance!

OP
A

Abira_Kam

If it possiblle.... u can wait for iBook G5 .... it will be in realization soon... I hope ))... I have ibook g4 ... but I consider about changing it to G5 )) ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Abira_Kam said:
If it possiblle.... u can wait for iBook G5 .... it will be in realization soon... I hope ))... I have ibook g4 ... but I consider about changing it to G5 )) ....

Forget that...the iBook G5 won't come anytime soon (if ever) and definitely not before the PowerBook G5.
But I also think that there will be a change in the iBook line soon, maybe around the same time than the release of OS X Tiger.

OP
A

Abira_Kam

Avalon said:
Forget that...the iBook G5 won't come anytime soon (if ever) and definitely not before the PowerBook G5.
But I also think that there will be a change in the iBook line soon, maybe around the same time than the release of OS X Tiger.

...mmmm I've heard that Ibook'll come near 2005 September... .
and what about PB and iB with G5.. I think they will be very power-consuming..... so they won't be able to work long time... but more productive
aa and now improvment of iBook G4 will be the better way.. )

OP
M

Morrigan

Thanks for that Avalon, I think there's enough evidence around to suggest there will be an update very soon. No, I'm not expecting a G5, just maybe a little more for my dollar!

So, at what events do Apple normally anounce new products and updates? And which ones are coming up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.