yieldmanager and adserverplus

Reaction score
When I'm look at messages on Facebook the page attempts to load yieldmanager and adserverplus.

I searched google and apparently they are Spyware. How can I remove them. It happens for both FireFox and Safari.

There are solutions for PC's, but I can't find a mac solution.

Can anyone help? All help is much appreciated

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Both of those are spyware\adware (cookie trackers) for Windows and have no impact or effect on OS X or Linux. Neither is being installed on your machine so don't worry about it. What you're seeing are the Pop-Ups. There are no removal instructions because they are not being installed.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
In Safari go to Preferences > Security and select Block Pop Up Windows and with Firefox download Adblocker Plus to take care of these annoying things.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks. Is there no way of removing it from the computer. The problem isn't major.
Basically when I load messages in facebook I see it loading these ad websites loading at the bottom and sometimes the page is completed a few secs later and sometimes the screen goes white and I have to click the back button to get to my message.

I just don't like the idea that my computer is infected. It would be nice to be able to remove it.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your computer IS NOT infected. Use the Pop Up Blocker as harry has suggested and\or download an add in to Safari which blocks advertisements and banners entirely.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.