USB mice was no longer working and my bluetooth said "Not Available"

Reaction score
The strangest thing happened to my Mac today. I was on Windows for a bit and decided to boot back into OS X and everything seemed fine. However, my USB mice was no longer working and my bluetooth said "Not Available". I tried plugging in other USB devices into the port however that one port stopped responding completely while the other seemed to function fine. I had no other options for bluetooth so i couldn't turn it off or back on. It just said not available. Also, my clock seemed to be off as well. Possible virus maybe? Or has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I restarted my Mac and everything seemed to be fine after. Both USB ports were working fine, and bluetooth was back on however i still had to change the clock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Were you using virtualization software or booting into Windows natively?

Sounds to me like the computer was just having a tough time deciding where to route your peripherals.

OP
J
Reaction score
I was using bootcamp earlier. I was actually just about to remove bootcamp so I was backing up my files. There are some really strange things happening with my Mac. I thought everything was fine after restart but apparently not. My trackpad completely stopped working. But my USB mouse was working fine. I restarted (it took a long time to restart) and everything was fine for a bit, but then my multi-touch gestures stopped working. The trackpad worked but anything involving multi-touch gestures stopped responding. Do you guys recommend a clean install of snow-leopard? Or is it something hardware related? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Just a little confused probably. Simply reboot and go to Disk utility and run Repair Permissions and let us know if all is well?

OP
J
Reaction score
I did a repair permission and I haven't come across the problems I was having earlier. It seems like a few reboots a disk repair fixed the problem? Here's hoping it doesn't happen again. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
Those are some strange problems you were having, but it's unlikely it was a virus, for two reasons: 1.) There are next to 0 viruses for OS X. 2.) The virus would've infected your windows partition, not OS X.

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm having one last problem although I think it may be separate from what I mentioned above. Recently I installed Windows XP SP3 and everytime I boot from Win XP to Mac OS X, the clock changes on Mac OSX. When I fix the clock on the OS X side, the windows clock changes. This is becoming rather annoying since I have to boot into XP when doing CAD work and changing the clock everytime is just annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.