Opera Gestures?

Reaction score
I recently decided to give the Opera web browser a try. The main reason being that I like how in Safari the home page has all those boxes, but in Opera you can choose which sites are shown.
I've been enjoying Opera, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the multi touch gestures to work. I have a 13" macbook pro running OSX 10.5 and I'm using Opera 10. Does anyone know how to get the sweep with three figures to go back and forward pages and such to work on Opera like it does in Firefox?
Thanks

p.s. and the scroll up and down with two fingures works, it just the back and forth pages. And I did the Opera-Preferences-shortcuts thing and unless i did it wrong that didn't work.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Give this a read. It's not multi touch but it does explain mouse gestures.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks... but is there a way to use multi touch gestures on the mouse pad of the laptop? If not, looks like I'll be reverting back to firefox, at least until the bug free version of chrome comes out.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Multitouch is not supported. You can read the guide here to use Multi-Clutch to add support.

OP
D
Reaction score
when I downloaded the software it came as a zip file and when I tried to open it my comp just started making copies of it instead of unzipping it...!!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you mean copies? Did it actually create multiple copies of the archive? What happens if you right-click and select "Open With" > "Archive Utility (Default)".

Reaction score
I recently decided to give the Opera web browser a try. The main reason being that I like how in Safari the home page has all those boxes, but in Opera you can choose which sites are shown. .....

If you are talking about Top Sites you can change them in Safari also. Look in the bottom left corner "edit" then just change them at will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I use the beta of Opera 10.10. I have MultiClutch (even though Opera had some trouble downloading it, so I used Safari) and the 3-finger gestures work fine.

Also, Opera has thumbnails in tabs, and you can customize the background in Speed Dial. Safari can "bookmark" a page into Top Sites, though, which is nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.