Nike Philips Software

Reaction score
I have a PSA220 Nike Philips MP3 device that I love. I had to purchase a new computer (previously used a G4 notebook) and now use a Mac Book Pro running OSX 10.5.8. I finally found the disc from Philips to re-load the software and tried running the installer. There are no error messages in the install and I can find the program in my computer but I can't seem to get it to load. It worked fine on my old G4. Any ideas?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'd be willing to bet that the G4 ran an older version of Mac OS X and the version you currently have isn't compatible with the software. Have you checked with Phillips to see if they have a newer version of that software?

OP
B
Reaction score
Philips / Nike PSA220

Thanks CWA107 for the suggestion. Yes, the G4 would not run the current OS b/c it did not have an intel chip. However, I thought the OS's were backwards compatible and that anything that could run on the old OS would run on the new OS, just not vice versa. I tried Philips and they no longer even have the Mac version on their support site, only windows versions. I was hoping someone would know how to get this to load on the current OS or else know a kind of software that the PSA220 would run on. . . . it's such a great little device for exercising - way better than the ipods IMHO.

OP
B
Reaction score
Clarification

I want to clarify more info in case someone can help. The software on the disc includes musicmatch Music Manager Software. . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.