Bootcamp - missing files on the Windows side

Reaction score
I'm running a Mac Pro (Snow Leopard) with the boot volume split in half and XP SP2 on the second partition. When I boot into Windows, I get a drive appropriately mapped to my Mac partition, but it doesn't behave properly. Some files don't show up in Explorer or with the dir command. They are there (I can manipulate them with cmd.exe builtins like cd or type if I know the name) but other commands like copy don't work.

Is this a known issue with the Mac filesystem driver for Windows? Any workarounds?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm running a Mac Pro (Snow Leopard) with the boot volume split in half and XP SP2 on the second partition. When I boot into Windows, I get a drive appropriately mapped to my Mac partition, but it doesn't behave properly. Some files don't show up in Explorer or with the dir command. They are there (I can manipulate them with cmd.exe builtins like cd or type if I know the name) but other commands like copy don't work.

Is this a known issue with the Mac filesystem driver for Windows? Any workarounds? Thanks!

Not a work around.

Purchase the Paragon NTFS driver from Paragon Software which also includes a Windows driver to read and write to HFS+, or, MacDrive 8.

Of the two, I recommend the Paragon Driver set. ($19.95)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.