MacBook loose casing?

Reaction score
Hi all. I have had my new MacBook (13" white) for about a month. i have recently noticed that the left side of the casing, near the ports, where the screws are, is a little loose. There is some give there and it will push in slightly to the touch. The right side is firm and has no give when touched.

I had not noticed this when I first bought it. It has not been dropped or carried around in the case at all yet.

Is this worth a trip to the Genius Bar, or is this common?

Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
MacBook has loose casing....

Hi all - I posted this thread in the "Anything Goes" section, then thought I should repost it here.

I have a new MacBook (13" white) - had it about a month now. I have not taken it out of the house at all yet, so it hasn't been shuffled around at all. Just this week I noticed that the left side of the casing where the ports are and right around where the screws are, is loose. There is some "give" there when you touch it. This does not appear to be happening on the right side.

Is this worth a trip to the Genius Bar, or is this a common thing with MacBooks?

Other than that, I love the machine. It is everything I expected (new MacBook user here).

Thanks all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I have noticed that issue before as well. Your screws might be loose on that side causing the casing to lift a bit. If you do not have the proper equipment to tighten the screws down, then I'd say it's worth a trip. Since the laptop is brand new, you'll get it fixed no questions asked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Macbook pro
hmm well if it is loose to the point were it bothers you and looks out of place then i would def take it to apple. A picture might help.

OP
M
Reaction score
njean777 - Visually it is not noticeable at all. There is no separation of the casing at all. However, you can feel it push in slightly to the touch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.