need to run windows software - i need advise

Reaction score
ok, i've only owned macs. i have a macbook with os 10.4 that i don't use. but i now want to run a program which is only available for windows. should i upgrade to 10.5/10.6 so i can run bootcamp or should i just get a laptop running windows. keep in mind i don't use the macbook at all right now. i could sell it and get another laptop. also, i have 10.5 on my imac, is it possible to use the startup disc for it to install it on the macbook? thanks for any advise......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day shaggy and welcome to the forums.

To answer the last part first no, the system restore discs from the iMac will not load on the Macbook. Your options are Boot Camp in Leopard after you purchaser the full retail version of Leopard or a laptop PC, whatever fills your needs best.

Personally when work commitments required PC only programs, found it easier to use say a Dell Latitude as they are quite cheap. May of use here use both Macs and PCs.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with harry. You can purchase a Dell Netbook or most Netbooks pre-loaded with either XP Home SP3 or Vista Basic for around $300. Wal-Mart currently has an Acer Aspire 10" Netbook with XP SP3 for $249.00. Cute little thing. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.