CBS.com videos and NBC.com videos stopped working

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been a long time mac user, but never really had too many problems i couldn't figure out. Then there's Snow leopard. lol

Ok, here's my new MBP 3.06MHz processor 6 GB ram 17" Owned for a month.

I downloaded 10.6.1 before i even started loading software, so i have that covered.

Have quicktime x and quicktime 7

Couple days ago was watching CBS.com videos and NBC.com videos with no issues. Then after a restart they stopped working. I could see previews, but as soon as i tried to watch full episodes, nothing but a little flash icon spinning in the little screen.

Thought it was my internmet so waiting till the next day, same thing. So i started my Quicksilver and they played fine. ??

So I tried a different user, nothing. Deleted and reinstalled flash, nothing. Tried safari, nothing, firefox, nothing.

So I searched and search with no luck.

Today I tried to watch a Lynda.com video and it said i needed to install quicktime to view them. (I freakin have quicktime installed!) so for kicks and giggle tried to down load and got the error i already have it installed.

So repaired disk utilities and it gave several flash related permission errors, but completed. I ran again and they were gone. - Still no luck.

They play on my Quicksilver and PC just fine, so where do i go from here?

thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.