How to make a Jpeg bigger

umz

Reaction score
I have a Jpeg that I need to make 1000x1000 with at least 300 dpi my image is much smaller than this at this point. Does anyone know how i would resize this?

Reaction score

You may resize it using phtoshop ,

open the image > | + alt + command

or

Open the image > Image > image size > change it to the number u want.

If the pic is too small you may use some filters to resize it with high quality .

I hope I could help u .

OP
U

umz

Reaction score

You may resize it using phtoshop ,

open the image > | + alt + command

or

Open the image > Image > image size > change it to the number u want.

If the pic is too small you may use some filters to resize it with high quality .

I hope I could help u .

I don't have photoshop is there any other program I could use to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Mac OS X has a built-in application called Preview that is quite capable for simple edits like resizing.

First, open the image in Preview (should be the default; if not, right-click the file or click the Action toolbar item (the gear icon) with the file selected and choose Open With and then Preview). Then click on the Tools menu and select Adjust Size. This will open a sheet asking for your desired resolution and dimensions. Type them in, unchecking the Scale Proportionally option if necessary to get an exactly square image. Click OK, save the file (I’d recommend saving it with a different name), and you’re done.

attachment.php

Please note, though, that upscaling JPG files will undoubtedly result in a loss of quality—sometimes a drastic one.

Resize Image Sheet.png

OP
U

umz

Reaction score
I can't locate that menu the only options I have are in the attachment.

Picture 11.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
It looks like your version of Preview can’t resize images; I think many of the editing capabilities were introduced in 10.5 Leopard.

The simplest alternative I can think of is to download a free program like The GIMP. If you decide to download and use that, here is a tutorial on how to resize. The screenshots refer to its use in Ubuntu rather than OS X, but they are close enough that you should be able to figure it out.

You could also try looking through Automator’s actions, but I’m not sure if the Scale Images action is available in your version of OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
old Dual 2.0 G5, new(er) ibook, old ibook, Mac Plus
The best way will cost you. We use photozoom at work when a client sends us a low-rez file and refuses to spend the money on nice hi-rez version. It is not cheap but I think if you are going to be dealing with this problem a lot it is worth it.
All that being said a low-rez jpeg will never be as good as a hi-rez one no matter how much money you throw at it.

BenVista

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That's going to be one blurry image when you blow it up that much. Bumping it up from 72 dpi to 300 dpi is just making it add extra information it doesn't have and it's going to fill it in with garbage. Which in turn makes the image blurry.

If you need something to resize images for free, try gimp. Google it.

Reaction score
did you try scanning?

Try printing the jpeg out, scan it at 300 DPI, and see if you can zoom it to the size you want. That might be a solution for someone without any editing programs. This might work.. maybe. :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
NO.. this is what you need to do.. print out the image, then find a high quality scan and scan it in at like 900dpi or more if you can .. then you will be able to resize it easier..

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
NO.. this is what you need to do.. print out the image, then find a high quality scan[ner] and scan it in at like 900dpi or more if you can .. then you will be able to resize it easier..

Fixed to make sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.