Syncing iphone 3Gs to new computer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently had my computer completely crap out on me, and it will not even turn on anymore. I have about 2 gigs of music on my iphone that I do not want to lose when I try to sync to my new computer. My phone is not jailbroken, and I do not want to jailbreak in order to save my music. Most of the music was not purchased through iTunes. Is there any other way I can add songs to my phone from my new computer without losing all of my old songs??

Thanks in advance,

Spinner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
It would help to know what your "new computer" is. But google is your friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Why wouldn't you just disable auto syncing? Plus if your device isn't authorized on that computer it wont automatically do anything without user confirmation. When it asks to sync tell it no, and then click file -> transfer purchases from ipod. That will copy all media on your ipod to itunes. Then you can add songs to itunes and sync it with your ipod.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No that will only copy media purchased from iTunes. And as soon as the op syncs the iPhone all media not on the computer will be erased.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses

The old computer was an HP DV series (will never buy HP again) the new computer is a Sony Vaio. Sorry for not specifying before. I have searched google, but most of the tips are for people who either have jailbroken phones or have the liberty of copying their iTunes folder from the old computer to an external hard drive and uploading them on the new computer. I really didnt want to re-download 1000+ songs, just wondering if there was any other way.

Spinner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Thanks for the quick responses

The old computer was an HP DV series (will never buy HP again) the new computer is a Sony Vaio. Sorry for not specifying before. I have searched google, but most of the tips are for people who either have jailbroken phones or have the liberty of copying their iTunes folder from the old computer to an external hard drive and uploading them on the new computer. I really didnt want to re-download 1000+ songs, just wondering if there was any other way.

Spinner

When you connect your ipod to the computer if you go to my computer, right click on the device and click explore. You should be able to access the files and copy & paste them to where ever. Just dont forget to disable auto syncing or you're stuff will be erased!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You will find the info on the above link. It's a jailbreak free method that will work unlike some other info you have been given.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the convoluted posts but using iPhone skin so no "quote" option. I hope this helps. I used the winamp option when I had my laptop stolen and had to buy a new one. At that point I didn't have access to all my CDs. Good luck. Please let me know if you have any more questions. And feel free to PM me
clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.