mac mini tiger install disk

Reaction score
I was wondering if I knew a friend who was to get their mac mini with tiger could I borrow the install disk and install it on my mac mini that came with panther? Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes, as mynameis stated, it would be in violation of the EULA. While technically it would work, it would be illegal to do so.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you or anybody else should happen to take your mac to Apple with an illegal copy of Tiger, they would probably void your warranty, if ya had one.

D

dlisle20

iWhat said:
If you or anybody else should happen to take your mac to Apple with an illegal copy of Tiger, they would probably void your warranty, if ya had one.

how would they bust you? i used somedbodys install disk to install panther on my old pbook and ive sent it to apple loads of times

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Because it's wrong and immoral to do. It's theft. It's piracy.

Whether you physically can do it is not the point. In the end, it's wrong.

Reaction score
dlisle20 said:
true, true, but panther is a rip off

If you feel that way about it then why don't you delete it from your system and go back to the original "legal" os it came with instead of wanting to pirate the newest version coming out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
dlisle20 said:
true, true, but panther is a rip off
Then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to.

E

Ex_PC_Puke

Glad to see many members taking the stance about "sharing" OS or SW - its piracy.

Back before I got into engineering at Intel (1989) I did a lot of pirating of SW - heck even the Franklin I cobbled together was a rip-off of the Apple II. But once I saw the man hours that go into HW - SW - OS development - debug - testing - productization ... that switched it for me. All of this work is done by average Joe's just trying to earn a paycheck and hit the American Dream.

Its not just wrong - its ripping off all of those people along the way

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.