Changed Computers and have a quick question?

Reaction score
Found the site via google.

I bought a ipod touch for my son last christmas.Well 2 months ago I bought a new computer.Ive already sold my old computer.The old computer is what he used to synch his touch.We had about 100 songs and applications on it.

1.Is there a way to get his old songs and appliactions that he bought back to my new computer?Does I tunes save these for us on a server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Is there a way to get his old songs and appliactions that he bought back to my new computer?Does I tunes save these for us on a server?

Unfortunately not, however, if he has all of his songs on his iPod, then he can use a third party utility to move the songs from the iPod to the new computer. Apple does not support this directly, but there are quite a few tools out there that do this.

Have a look at this article

Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide | iLounge Article

One the favorites on this forum is Senuti (iTunes in reverse :)). I would start there.

Note, this is a pretty good case for backing up your iTunes purchases. iTunes makes this pretty easy. Once you get the content copied over, I would recommend backing up to a DVD or an external hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.