un-minimize window to current space

Reaction score
how do i get a window i un-minimize to come up into the space i currently am on instead of moving me to the space it was in when it was minimized

Reaction score
I suspect that's one of the perks not included in spaces, although updated several times along the way I believe it still causes
a lot of frustration, like in Mail.

If you have a window with an email containing a link to a website, and you click it, and incidentally have safari in another space, and then want to switch back via cmd+TAB, it switches to the main viewer instead of the mail
opened in a separate window.

That's probably because the mail is viewable in the main viewer but I like to open them in a separate window, wich has probably not been considered while developing spaces.

So in general Spaces helps organize my windows, but if it adds unnecessary steps to the most common tasks, then the drawbacks outweigh the benefits, wich is most likely the same in your case.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
This "problem" will certainly happen for all applications you have set to reside in a certain Space. In that case, you told it to do that.

If the app is not assigned, it seems to me that the behavior is quite logical. Why would the little elf inside assume you'd want to change the Space the window was opened in?

It might not be what you want, but once the window reopens, activate Spaces and drag it to the other Space. Maybe someone else knows a quicker, more convenient way to override the logical behavior....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.